The information on this page is probably outdated.
Please refer to the corresponding page on the website of the WE01 and WE16 departments for the most recent version.
Research group Differential geometry and mechanics
Current research topics
Differential geometry applied to problems in mechanics and to the study of dynamical systems.
- separability of systems of second-order equations
- derivations of forms along a map
- modelling of non-holonomic mechanics
- geometric control theory
- Lagrangian mechanics on Lie algebroids
- generalisations of bi-Hamiltonian systems
- the inverse problem of Lagrangian mechanics
- symmetry and reduction of mechanical systems
- theory and applications of connections
- classical (nonholonomic) field theory
- geometric fluid dynamics and control